If you are planning to lease your subnet (sometimes also called as IP range or prefix) on Heficed's IP Address Market, you would firstly need to change the delegation for this prefix to Heficed's nameservers, which would enable rDNS to be controlled via Terminal.
Here are the steps of creating delegations (creating domain objects) if your IP address was issued by RIPE RIR:
- Firstly, you need to login to the RIPE portal at https://access.ripe.net/
- Open RIPE database by clicking "Manage IPs and ASNs" and then selecting "RIPE Database"
3. Select "Create an Object"
4. Select "domain" object type, click "Create"
5. Select your maintainer (if not autoselected), type your prefix (e.g. 184.108.40.206/24)
6. After typing the prefix, if everything is ok (if the maintainer controls the prefix, the domain object is not already created and the prefix is not smaller than /24) the other fields will appear, you need to create two nserver entries and type these nameservers:
Afterwards, set the admin and technical contacts and click "Submit". Here is an example of a domain object:
If you followed the instructions, the domain object should be successfully created. Yet if you faced any issues disabling you from creating a domain object, you can submit a ticket via Terminal, or write us to firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots and descriptions of the problem and we will help you deal with those issues.